Saturday, July 19, 2014

Evan Eliason and "My Double, My Brother" Artist Highlight

Evan Eliason is one of the featured performers for our upcoming In the Flow Studios Arts Open House & ICARE Dog Rescue Fundraise on Sunday, August 17, 2014. Evan is a talented musician, teacher, composer and performer. He graduated from Biola University and shares his musical education and experience with his La Mirada High School String Orchestra students.


My son had the good fortune of having Evan, AKA: Mr. Eliason, as his teacher his last year of high school. Evan inspires his students with a depth and breadth of musical appreciation from Heavy Metal Classics to Italian Baroque composer, Vivaldi. His enthusiasm for all that is music is contagious. One just needs to look at his first year La Mirada Orchestra to see how inspired his musicians are.

Evan divides his time as a teacher and as a composer/musician. He is the base guitarist for the band My Double, My Brother. The band has a unique style and sound. Described as a fusion of Indie and Alternative, My Double, My Brother, offers listeners great musicality and meaningful lyrics. Each song stands alone as a finely crafted poem of rhythms and sounds and words. They're music soothes the soul of what ails it and awakens the spirit of possibilities.

Evan and My Double, My Brother will be playing live at the The House of Blues in Anaheim this Saturday, July, 26th. You can order tickets at http://secretchief.bigcartel.com/product/my-double-my-brother-hob-anaheim-sat-july-26-2014.

Take a listen to their Youtube channel and checkout their Kickstarter video at the end of this post. If you are inspired by their music you can goto their Kickstarter at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/410792819/my-double-my-brother-new-full-length-studio-album

Whether he's playing (Bach) on his 100 year old (Czech.) double bass or he's got his electric base in hand, Evan brings artistry and authenticity to every note he plays. Come out to our In the Flow Studios Arts Open House & ICARE Dog Rescue Fundraiser and experience his music first hand.

Thank you for supporting the arts, the artists and the causes that matter to you. Together we can make a difference for the better.

Contact info for My Double, My Brother:

No comments:

Post a Comment